For those unaware, I’ve been busy the last few months helping my parents move from California to Texas. In the meantime, among other things I have created 10+ Phonegap Apps1, each of which uses at least one Phonegap core APIs. In addition all the Apps run in Android and iOS devices – within the restraints of the devices 2.
Other goals for these apps:
- NO JQuery or similar libraries
- Find the minimum necessary for a phonegap App
These Phonegap Apps are both demos and tutorials. At this point, the apps are operational, but are far from perfect. Over the last few days I have added some changes that give the apps a more professional appearance.
Those changes include:
- added the plugin device to all Apps
- added id to the [exit] button and the App header
- moved CSS style tags from the elements to the head
- added code to remove the [exit] button from the iOS version
- removed a CSS coding error
- removed <span> where unneeded
The following changes still need to be made:
- Add fastclick.js to remove the 300ms delay
- Add margin to top of document body to support post-iOS-73
- Remove all margins from top header
- Add elements to standardize the header
Future projects scheduled for release are:
- working boilerplates for rapid development
- minimual UI libraries for notifications, sliding panels, & div-tables
- minimual implementation of various phonegap plugins
- Some devices do not have the hardware needed for an API, ie. compass.
- After iOS7 a change was made to make system status bar transparent. This cause a program to display over the system status bar.